Ingredients (per glass)
- 45ml/1.5 fl oz Gin alternative
- 30ml/1 fl oz spiced pear syrup*
- 180ml/6 fl oz of Noughty Sparkling Chardonnay
- Thinly sliced pear
- Cinnamon stick
- Thyme sprig
- Combine the Gin alternative and Spiced Pear Syrup into a Rocks/lowball glass with ice and top with the Sparkling Chardonnay.
How to make the Spiced Pear Syrup:
- 350ml/12 fl oz water
- 2 medium pears chopped into 1" (2cm) pieces
- 15ml/0.5 fl oz/1 TBSP honey or sugar alternative
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Add water, pears, honey (or sugar alternative), and cinnamon sticks to a large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir gently until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Allow to set for 25 minutes, gently simmering.
- Turn heat to low, and simmer another five minutes.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a glass measuring cup. Discard the pears and cinnamon sticks.
- Strain the syrup a second time into a large glass bottle that tightly seals.
- Refrigerate for up to two weeks!
Thanks to Sara Rose, A Flavor Journal for this easy to follow and deliciously simple recipe.